This Happens To Your Brain, Heart, And Waistline When You Eat 3 Bananas A DAY!
Eating 3 bananas a day (for breakfast, lunch and dinner) can significantly reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack and provide enough potassium to the body which will reduce the risk of a blood clot in the brain by 21%. According to a 2011 study published in the Journal of American College of Cardiology, stroke can be prevented with potassium-rich foods like bananas.
The scientists discovered that daily potassium intake of 1600 mcg. can lower the risk of stroke. A medium-sized banana contains about 500 mcg. and as we said, three bananas a day can considerably lower the risk of stroke and heart disease (equaling nearly 1600 mcg.)
Benefits and nutrients of bananas
They are packed with vitamin B6, C, manganese, biotin, and dietary fiber, helping to regulate the digestive system. There is 108 calories in an average banana. There is little cholesterol, fat, and sodium in them, they all contribute to weight gain). The bananas make it a great snack for athletes because they are low in glycemic carbohydrates, and thus provide an extra energy boost (an intense workout of 90 minutes can be completed if consumed 3 bananas, according to some researches).
Benefits of eating 3 bananas per day
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes;
- Fights stress (potassium regulates the heartbeat, and when we feel stressed, the metabolic rate rises while potassium levels drop, thus if you eat potassium-rich foods the heartbeat will be rebalanced);
- Boosts bone mass (potassium prevents bones from decaying at a rapid rate);
- Anemia (bananas are rich in iron, thus help in reducing hemoglobin – low hemoglobin levels generally indicate anemia);
- Reduces depression (due to tryptophan, a type of protein which is converted into serotonin – a compound which relaxes the body and helps in mood improving);
- Regulates blood pressure (potassium regulates heart function and body fluid balance – it further reduces the risk of blood pressure and stroke);
- Smoking (B12, B6, magnesium, and potassium help the body recuperate from the effects of nicotine withdrawal);
- Treats constipation (there are more than 3 grams of fiber in one average banana, so if you have constipation, incorporate bananas as natural laxative into your diet to restore bowels);
- PMS (vitamin B6 helps in minimizing the glucose levels in the body, which positively affect the mood);
- Cures hangovers (they soothe the stomach, and in the combination with honey, dwindling blood sugar levels will be restored).