A Recipe for Turmeric Juice: A Powerful Healing Beverage
Turmeric is a very popular spice which has amazing health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial for the treatment of bones and for preventing the development of some cancer types.
Also, by regular consumption of turmeric you will cleanse your kidneys from toxins and boost your metabolism. Turmeric also keeps you away from psoriasis, depression, arthritis and some skin diseases.
Because of the above mentioned healing properties it is widely used both in the Chinese and Ayurveda Medicine.
In this article we will present you one recipe of a turmeric juice which is extremely effective and will surely improve your overall health.
- 2 lemons
- Raw honey
- 5-7 tamarind
- 5-7 inches turmeric
You will also need: strainer, blender, bowl and Mason jar or some other glass jar with lid.
- Firstly, you will need to peel the turmeric. During this your hands may become yellow in color, but it is not scary you can wash it off very easily with any kind of soap.
- Extract the inner roots from the tamarind. You will need only the inner fruit.
- Fill a big pot with water. Add the turmeric into the pot and put it on stove and boil it for about 20 minutes. Then take it off once the water gets marigold color.
- While it boils, put one inch of water in a pan together with the inner fruit of tamarind. Stir it with a wooden utensil until it dissolves into a jam like texture. If it looks dry, add little water to it. When the texture looks soft enough turn off the heat.
- Add little cold water to the turmeric water to cool it down. After that, put this mixture into blender together with the turmeric. In the end, you should have something which looks like an extra fiery marigold.
- Strain this substance over a small bowl to catch the tamarind. Strain the jam because you will only need to use the soft part.
- Now, add the tamarind and turmeric water in a blender, and blend it for few moments.
- Squeeze the lemons into the blender and you are done. Pour the juice into your Mason jar. If you want add little honey. Close the jar and shake it well.
9. Keep the juice in refrigerator for 3 or 4 days and consume it daily.